Sunday, January 5, 2014

Home Alone



I love the Christmas movie Home Alone, but this year Chris and I parted paths for Christmas. As much as I wanted to be with him over the holidays I knew he would be working and the majority of the time I would be by myself. I went home for Christmas and took my puppy. I thought it was a good idea. Until when I got to the airport my flight was delayed a 20 minuets then 40 mins then an hour. I missed my layover flight in Denver at 11:30am and the next flight out wasn't until 2:30 not too bad…until the two ladies in front of me got the tickets to that flight instead! Turned out no one was going anywhere. A plane skidded off the runway just as it was about to take off. I got a ticket for 6:40 flight and the two ladies who were in front of me--their flight was canceled so they had to be on standby along with 100 people on standby and the next flight out to SLC on Southwest wasn't until 4 more days. It's a good thing I wasn't in front of them.

Maggie and I got to spend some quality time in Denver together. We experienced the puppy relief area. 


How lovely isn't it? We stood here about an hour under the heat lamps until Maggie finally went. We got to meet some friends though so we were not alone. I also managed to find an area near Panda Express where Maggie and I camped out for probably 6 hours. I got to the airport at 9am and my flight didn't leave until 8:40…




The next day was my birthday but we really celebrated it that whole weekend. We went to my Aunt Kathy and Tom's for a Christmas family dinner because not everyone could get together later than that. It was fun to be with family and to have a big Magelbys chocolate cake. While I was visiting there were a lot of weddings we went to. My cousin Ali, my old roommate in college Kristen, and our other family /friend/ relative Elliot Call. December is a popular month, but also my favorite! I got to go to the Smith Family Christmas Party and make gingerbread houses and play a solo of "Deck the Halls" on the piano.  We face timed Chris and he even got to see Marcus's dad dressed up as Santa. Classic.

Tanner got asked to Preference. His girlfriend Sarah put a present under the tree. It was a present inside a present inside a present inside a present and then a note! So Tanner answered her by having my dad dress up in his Santa suit and going over to there house at 10:30pm. We were all laughing in the car while he stood out there with a bell and asked if he could talk to Sara. He even managed to tell some jokes. . .Why was the Snowman in the grocery store? Buying carrots! 

I made my brothers duck tape bow ties and wallets. They have mustaches on them, idk what it is with boys but they are all obsessed with mustaches. Maybe it's because I can't grow one I don't get it…

I love being with my family but it just wasn't the same without Chris. Luckily he gets to go in February and go skiing with his dad :)


Making gingerbread houses


Tanner and Blake posing with their mustache bow ties


Facetiming Chris on Christmas

I also forgot to mention I tried to groom Maggie…she ended up looking like a rat. Probably not going to try that again. 

It got down to -40 degrees tonight!

Happy New Year from OMAHA SMITHS!!!


Sunset in Omaha.


Love,

Cameryn Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment