Sunday, September 30, 2018

Where is that stethoscope?

All week I have been looking for my stethoscope. I looked in our compact storage, no where to be found. I looked in his toy box, getting advice from one of the nurses I work with. Nope not there. I looked in all my drawers and even checked my car 4x. A little OCD but I just could not come to the idea how it was not in my car. All week, I borrowed others stethoscope asking and calling around to see if it was anywhere. Called the lost and found at the gym, lost and found at Goodwill thinking I may have donated it, called lost and found on the floor of the hospital wing I work with. Left notes for people and told them if they found a 'brown stethoscope' to please call! I told my preceptor, and still no signs of it showed up. She told me maybe it's a good thing and you can get a graduation present out of it. The thing is this is Chris's old stethoscope in which he spent A LOT of money on. It made me sick to my stomach. I told our nanny, please let me know if it shows up at home. Checking on her several times to see if it just popped up out of no where. 
The week went by with that stress in the pit of my stomach. I went and got a TB test. Those dang TB tests are every year for healthcare workers. They are so easy to do and read, but no we have to get them done somewhere and it has to be exactly 48 hours to 72 hours when it is read. I got mine done on Wednesday at 4:56. Literally showed up at 4:15 on Friday and they made me wait 45 minutes to get it read. I told them like it would make a difference. They replied well it's protocol. How sometimes protocol just makes it inconvenient in our lives. It was negative. 

We went to our favorite Taco Tuesday joint- Cafe Rio and also saw the rest of the ward and missionaries there. Must be a Mormon thing. It makes for cheap and good food though and Bowen is more than happy getting a quesadilla with oranges and some little mints which of course are his favorite.
Chris and I have pretty much settled in to the house. There are a few things in the garage that need organized but other than that we are ready for visitors:) 
We went to on a Scheels date/ 5 Guys on Friday with our cute little family. I guess everyone here throws the peanut shells on the ground. I never have seen that anywhere. Not in Utah, St. Louis, Omaha, Austin. As I am looking around peanut shells everywhere under the tables. Well must be a Billings thing. We walked over to Scheels since it is just across the street. Bowen especially loves the Ferris wheel although not quite tall enough to ride. Meanwhile, I tried on the most warm coats from a lady who was helping me. I wanted to see what the warmest jacket they had was. I tried on the "Lamborghini" of coats which was almost $1,000 Canadian Goose. Although, I have to admit I think the Columbia jacket may have been my favorite.. which was a lot cheaper. 

Saturday while Chris was studying for oral boards (he is going to SF next week) and has been studying for basically 20 years now or more. He is very ready to be done, to say it the least. Bowen and I got out of his hair and went to the farmers market downtown. Chris to his reply said, of course you found a farmers market. Yes, indeed I have. It was a cute little one downtown people playing music and lots of vendors. The most popular tents I found are the "Judarite" clans in which they have several out here in Billings. Got to look them up, but they are a most interesting and peculiar people. So are Mormons though. They had this amazing looking loaf of bread that was ginormous and also the most splendid looking pies. I immediately thought I would surprise Chris thinking that I had made this pie. No way could I get around that. It looked too good to be true and Chris already knows my lack of baking skills. Unless its pre-made brownies or cookies. I didn't get away with it.

So night of Saturday, I am still distressed. It has been a week since my dear stethoscope and I had parted from each other. I loved that stethoscope and nothing would replace it. I looked online longingly for a top notch Littman brand. Knowing the power of prayer and knowing that I had once lost my wedding ring in a distress time and finding it in the dryer in a obscure place that I would have never thought to looked. I turned to prayer.
To my amazement I go in my closet and have a realization, look in your backpack. I have literally checked my backpack 15 times!!! I brush the thought away thinking, I must be going crazy. And really I am. I have lost so many things this move that I just don't want anything anymore. Get rid of it, Chris and my mantra is probably now. So I finally listen to this thought that has occurred. I look in my backpack. Take EVERYTHING out. See!!! I said to myself NOTHING! I have a thought, did I check that bottom zipper, the zipper at the very base of my backpack where it hides and almost looks like there is nothing there. No...no I did not. I open it slowly, and THERE IT IS!!! MY STETHOSCOPE. Oh how I missed that stethoscope. My heart was full. I really was so certain that the conclusion was someone stole it because how could I lose it and check everywhere.. Once again power or prayer is real... 

Love you all, don't think less of me because I have mommy/moving brain!!!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment