Sunday, September 9, 2018

Chris and I drove 9 hours to Billings, 10 hours counting the lunch stop in Bozeman. I have to admit it was a long drive, and we didn't even have Bowen in the car. Not sure if I will be doing that drive unless it is a two days top kind of thing. I have been pleasantly surprised by Billings. My first impressions numbered 1-10 are as follows:
1. Gone Hunting
2. Trump All The Way
3. Levi's and Country
4. Small Big City
5. Nice People
6. 15 minuets anywhere and everywhere...
7. Construction
8. Purple Sunsets
9. Tribal County
10. Heffer

Yes, that pretty much sums up Billings. I started work with my preceptor Tish Guldborg now Parker since she just got married, seems to be the confusion and topic of interest around the office. Tells me the first day, I just got married in July. He is half Hispanic. But you would never guess he is the biggest racist of anyone I know. He says if our girls bring home a black man you betta get ready cause he is not making it in my front door. I responded. Oh I just moved from Saint Louis.
We then finish up our day me learning epic and shadowing her most of the day, because it's only fair how to see how the other providers care. Later, she talks about the whole Nike scandal putting out the advertisement TV of Kapernick. My preceptor says to be you bet we layed all our nike clothes and shoes lined up and then I told my girls what should we do with all our Nike things? They said throw it away. Then I said good girls that's right. So they dumped thousands worth of Nike in a dumpster.
She also has been teaching me hunting lingo and cow lingo apparently. I guess I had no idea what in the world was a Heffer… it is a cow that has not had a baby. Supposedly her cousins raise Heffers and they go for $10,000 she said- that's more than a car! Yes, that is more than most cars...
Trump came to Billings this week. Trump attire was being worn galore. Trump stickers, trump wigs, trump banners. Trumps name was everywhere TRUMP. I thought it would be kind of fun to see the president- how many people can actually say that. When the time came to go to the convention center. My body just did not want to move- there was supposed to be 12,000 downtown. And in a city like this there is no way I was getting out at a decent time. So I decided I would do better things and watch Netflix.
The sunsets are gorgeous here. I think I read because Montana is further away from the equator it makes the sky look like it is more oval than flat, hard to explain but that is why it is called Big Sky State. Everything is sky and when the sunset hits its the whole sky illuminating. Gorgeous.
Construction has taken a good chunk of this city. Although it takes mostly 15 minutes to get anywhere there are still one way roads. And if one road is closed down- oh prepare for it.
I have been interviewing Nannys and it is so hard for me to part from Emily or Emmy as Bowen calls her. She is great with him and I just cant imagine someone better except me of course. But I will have to make a decision soon since Bowen is coming up this week.
Chris left just in time as I came to Billings to leave me on a guys trip. Don't get me wrong he has planned this for a while, but bad timing. We thought our movers would be here by now, and they have not. I have had to shop/return later things like business casual a hair dryer straightener etc because I do not have anything. At least it has given me sometime to check the city out.
I went on a little hike with Maggie called Four Dances. It was actually really pretty, you could see the Yellowstone river just below and the rim rock and pine trees. It really was serene. Close by was the Pictographs the Native Americans made so I went up and explored ancient drawings of men with "weeping eyes" symbolizing the most powerful animal they knew a bear.
Church today, was interesting. It is so different than in Alpine where there are families galore. Very small ward to say the least.
That is my schpeel for the week, I miss my boy Bowen soooo much. I just feel bad for that kid first Africa then mommy and daddy move to Montana. He has no idea what is going on, and most likely will never remember this.
Have a great week!
Cameryn

No comments:

Post a Comment