Sunday, September 23, 2018

Happiest Boy on Earth

Billings is finally feeling like home. We have our house "mostly" altogether, although organizing Bowen's room took the longest because of trying to fit everything in before and after nap time. We had to reorganize the storage room we are renting because some of it was supposed to be in the house and vice versa. Lets just say it took a whole lot longer than we thought. We have been to the ward a few times and getting Bowen ready for nursery is always a treat. Unfortunately, sacrament is during his regular poop times so usually one of us has to duck out after the first or second speaker.

We had our new nanny come in this week. I am working almost 30 hours. Start at 730 and go until 5-530 three days a week right now. Who knew having a nanny could be so expensive. Hopefully this will pay off in the end. We discovered some fun places this week. One place that Bowen especially likes is called 'Art of Play' he gets on the train and is able to go without pushing. He ends up running into the kitchen each time. Also, I have figured this is a great way to meet people. We already met a little friend Bowen's age.

Everyone is extremely nice here. I was worried we wouldn't meet anyone in our ward 'our age'. Most of the people are older. (We live right next to a retirement center). But after church last Sunday I saw a couple with a younger kid. I was driving and basically panting- Look Chris young people! I stopped the car near them and told him to say hi because we had not met any ANY young people in our ward. They were very nice and had a three year old. He is a dentist here and later that week he invited us to dinner. We had a lot of fun and call them our parking lot friends now.

For family night this week we went on a bike ride. We found a cute little pond area with a bike/running trail. It is so cute. We biked and fed the ducks bread and got some tasty Jimmy Johns. We are settling down just perfectly as Chris recalls 'riding off into the sunset' The sunsets are magnificent here I just can't get over it.

This Friday we took Bowen to the 'Grandpa's Corn Maze' it was about 6:15 and hardly anyone was there. Both Chris and I were thinking...this is amazing in Utah this would be swarmed with people. We met another couple with a 20 month old. Seems to be the right age to meet people and are doing something with them this next week.  Bowen had the time of his life. He played with corn kernels and a truck yelling "DUMP"! Then he took us over to the slide and said mommy mommy mommy. Suggesting I go down the slide first. After I went down he would say.. daddy daddy daddy. This went on for about 30 mins. We then found the ultimate slide. Bowen was the happiest boy on earth. Neither Chris or I have ever seen him this happy. He was ecstatic to go on this really wide and high slide. He would jump at the top and not stop jumping. As he came down the slide you could see his face get scared and then relieved it was over. Then, he would want to do it all over again grabbing my hand. One moment I recall was when he was at the very top and he was looking through the fence at a van stopped right in front. Chris was up there with him. Bowen's face smashed on the fence kept repeating Hi hi hi hi getting substantially louder and waving his hands. He did not stop until that van rolled down the window and said hi back. I have never laughed harder in my life than in that moment a little boy begging someone to say hi to him.

Saturday we went to Red Lodge. A famous resort here by the Bear Tooth Mountains and Yellowstone. It was a gorgeous day and we admired the leaves changing the beautiful yellows and oranges. We had our bear spray on us and both Chris and I read the instructions carefully. Luckily we had Maggie and we both agreed Maggie would hopefully scare the bears off. We did not see any bears, but my eyes were peeled at anything that moved or made a sound.

Clinicals have been going great. Friday I had a lady down the hall have either a seizure or passed out. Not really sure until I heard a tech say hurry someone come here! I ran down the hall to look like a person dead on the chair. It seemed like maybe a bp problem but luckily she was okay. Reminded me of my last clinicals first day where I had someone code right outside the building.

Tonight we are playing games and treats to some neighbors down the road. We are having a great time exploring and finding our way through Billings MT!

Have a great week!

Cameryn

No comments:

Post a Comment