Saturday, October 13, 2018

Week of August 27th

My mom celebrated her birthday this week. Us Call’s have week long birthdays it is not a day. I planned a Gem Studio fun with Heather and her girls, Sabrina, and Michelle, and Brittney. It was a lot of fun but took about three hours. I love my ring and Sabrina wanted me to send a picture to her of it because she thought it was so pretty and to show it off. I told Chris, you know I do have some style that is inborn perhaps my mom’s inherited interior design skills. We also went to Top Golf with the Call family. We handed off Bowen as we took turns hitting. I am sort of getting into golf, I really enjoy it. I am trying to get Chris more interested, but I don’t know how much that will help. Bowen finally got over his sickness at the end of the week, right when his daddy got home. He was so excited when I said Bowen guess who we get to see tonight, Daddy! All throughout the car ride he kept saying daddy, daddy! My heart ached for him, we haven’t seen Chris in a month and man does this boy love his daddy. We picked up Chris and they babbled and talked the whole way home about what Bowen was wearing, what he did with Mom that day, what was in his bottle oh the little conversations with Bowen. I am starting to see that Bowen is putting 2-3-word sentences. He is saying I love you, of course not clearly, what’s that what this, Bowen high, hike water. I can pretty much understand this kid. I got his little toddler language down… most of the time. The next day we packed the rest of our things and took Bowen to the park. Later that afternoon we went to Grandma Rita’s party getting everything ready when that means really playing with balls and making messes for Grandma Smith. Grandma even admitted that “Here is her favorite grandson!” haha! I said we have it recorded! We picked beans of course and Bowen was so happy of his accomplishments showing his beans with a big cheesy smile. Bowen and Chris sang Old McDonald on the piano as Bowen tried to say EiEi. We celebrated Grandma Rita’s 91st birthday while she showed us her hula dances from her time in Hawaii. Of course, Chris came in with his interpretive dance skills and almost made Ellie pee her pants. Bowen was happy running around screaming bouncing the ball with his hands. He wanted to see what the rope was all about when he saw the jump ropes. We had fun and played all night. The little boy fell asleep and we quickly tried to transition him home. The next day was Blake’s farewell and Chris had to take Bowen out during the sacrament to have a chance to listen to Blake’s talk. He did a great job and taught about a few personal stories of conversion and ended it with a few notes of why he loved each person in his family. There is a sweetness about Blake, a little innocence and pure love. Pretty unusual for graduated high school boys nowadays. We went home and had breakfast burritos my mom slaved over the night before. They were the best missionary farewell I’ve had. Although, I haven’t remembered many I will remember these. It was fun to see extended family make the journey up the Alpine or down to Alpine. We enjoyed our last day in Utah before our big move to Billings. I start work this Wednesday. Bowen is staying with grandparents until my mom comes out next week. This will give me some time to hire a nanny and find out where everything is and somewhat get our stuff in order in our new duplex. Brand new. I am excited for that. And little Maggie waiting for us!   

No comments:

Post a Comment