Saturday, November 3, 2018

This week has been a very busy work week. Two days in the ER waking up at 5am, a regular 9 hour clinic day and then another pediatric acute care day. I am usually not gone from Bowen this much but this week has been especially busy trying to fit all my hours in. I registered for my last semester of DNP school! Hallelujah. Although the pediatric doctor pimping me today got me thinking I need to review my vaccines. On the other hand, the ER doctor pimping me I was spot on so there's that.

Bowen has been doing the cutest things lately. First of all, he repeats EVERYTHING  you say. So you really have to be careful. He also loves to be chased and to run. He wants me to chase him all the time. He then goes running to his room to the big bean bag chair "hiding" behind his hands thinking I can't see him. It is the most adorable thing. I say Where's Bowen, where did he go?? Then I say did he go play soccer outside or something like that and he uncovers his face YA! hahaha. I absolutely love that kid. I see all these sweet newborn babies at the pediatric care clinic I am working at and oh it just breaks my heart Bowen is already a toddler. I really have just savored every moment with this kid. I find myself hurrying home from work because I just can't wait to see him and I don't care if I have exercised or ate that day I just want to see my baby!

Halloween was so much fun. I thought because we are in a new subdivision we really wouldn't see any trick-or-treaters here. I was right. No one came to our door well at least that I know of. We even tried a few houses here and they didn't even have candy! Instead, they gave Bowen a breath mint? I told Chris that after he came home from work we are going to Clark Avenue which is this famous street here in Billings that decorates and goes all out for Halloween. There were many kids there but not as many as when it started to get darker out, since we went around 4:30. My coworker also went around 6:00pm and she said there were a bazillion people. I guess we crossed paths and her friend was wearing a ketchup costume, where Chris said to her-- you better hurry and ketchup. Oh yes, Ashley told this to me at work and I said yes, that is my husband ;) I love you Chris.

Bowen was in 7th Heaven, on a candy high, saying hi to all the weird creatures by the homes. Gazing at them with a perplexed expression. He absolutely loved it. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. And it is the holiday where Chris and I had our first kiss...so romantic 8 years ago kissanniversary. I loved how Bowen would go up to the people sucker in his mouth and just stick out his cute chubby hand to the people like okay give me some more candy now. We taught him to say trick or treat but usually he shortened it to treat or just thank you.

It's getting colder here, unfortunately. I am not looking forward to the winter although the farmers almanac say that it will be a mild one here in Billings. We will see about that. The YW presidency have already put me to work and teaching and doing activities. We do have a good presidency here which I am excited about and a bunch of little beehives who will be in my class soon, which i'm excited about because I only have two right now!

Bowen knows how to get out of going to sleep. Chris was about to tuck him in and then he says kiss mommy. So he brings him out and I'm at the piano practicing and he says to me lesson? I try to expose Bowen to the piano as much as I can and it just pulled at my heart strings, of course you can have a lesson I will never pass that up :) where we play with the keys he shows me middle C and staccato. Where low and high is. Pianissimo and Fortissimo where he just screams. It's pretty funny. This little kid is like a sponge. Chris taught him his right and left foot. Chris said to me ya he gets it 50% of the time...;)

Bowen sure loves his oatmeal, he eats it twice a day. It is his comfort food. He loves to play blocks and build a tower. He loves to play cars and he always wants mommy and daddy to play. He likes to kick Maggie which we have to say we don't kick animals or people. He likes to boss Maggie around. Saying no no Maggie. He hears it from me probably because I feel like Maggie is always getting into the trash.

I had my first indoor soccer game this week at the YMCA. It was a blast. I love soccer, Chris and I are definitely exposing and brainwashing Bowen into loving soccer. I do miss tennis but it is expensive to play, I should just own up to it and start playing. I love how soccer you get more of a social team work and also a good work out. Bowen and Chris watched Friday night, and to celebrate my two goals, Chris wanted to go to Wendy's, while I ate my bowl of cereal, and Bowen ate his oatmeal. I promise I am a good mom...School will end eventually!!

Love you all,

Cameryn Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment