Sunday, December 2, 2018

Bowen found the gum in my backpack. Chris found Bowen chewing a wad of it in his mouth. Bowen would not give it up. Finally, Chris cornered him and said Bowen, if you give me your gum I will give you an M&M. He looks at him, then so slyly swallows his gum and holds out his hand and says M&M?

Bowen has been doing extremely cute things this week. Everything he does and says is cute, I can't lie. Since we decorated the tree for Christmas and hung lights he loves all the festivities. We sing jingle bell rock and his favorite jingle bells over and over. It was a highlight to see Bowen and Chris this week, where Chris was playing the piano drummer boy and Bowen banging on his drums and then Bowen ringing his little bells while we played jingle bells.

It has been snowing here in Billings. Nothing to crazy...yet. One thing I love about out house is that it get's warm very fast. I love the fireplace and how it makes it feel so cozy.

I am almost done with my second to last semester of school. I have a few more assignments and then I am done! I can't believe it. I am pretty overwhelmed by the material we have to know but once I do break it up in chunks it is not so bad.

My little getaway this week was playing soccer. I am on a girl's indoor team and I just absolutely love indoor soccer. It is what I look forward to most of the week. I never thought I would say that about something I worked so hard in as a kid. It is the perfect combination of serotonin and endorphins. A girl from the ward is on the team and invited me to play. It is at a local YMCA in downtown Billings a little sketchy but once you pass all the alcoholics it's not too bad. Just kidding...

A few more things Bowen has loved doing this week. He loves to go to "Play Place" and play with the other kids. He always says Mommy play? Even if I am playing with him. He also is so cute when he wants to do something. He grabs my hand and leads to where he wants to go or demands me to sit. He is a little stinker sometimes.

We had a first blow out in about a year, where I had to throw away his under shirt. Maybe it's time to go up a size? Maybe it was a fluke? Not sure but man was it messy. I taught him whenever I change him and it stinks, I say did you give me a poopy present? And he laughs and says poopy present!

Our family has been sick the past week with a cold. It first started with Bowen, then Chris, then me. I was sure I just was immune to it and then one night I couldn't stop coughing, that was it for me. We have avoided crowds but as much as we can without getting stir crazy inside the house. I had to get fingerprints done at the VA for a background check and update my RN license to be in MT. It is nice that I can do that and all I have to do for licensure is pay for compact state which UT and MT are.

We had Chris's Christmas party this week. He pulled out a number to where we sit and we sat with some nurses and techs. I learned Chris likes to tell jokes in the OR. He told a joke about a chicken...you can ask him the rest and the little old lady under the sheet looked as if she was about to have a seizure laughing so hard (according the RN). She said it made her day though. Chris likes to make the office laugh and he brings a little jazz to the facility it looks like...there are quite a few older people who work there. We played lots of games, there were prizes, dinner, and presents. It was adulting at its finest. Especially the group company picture in the Yellowstone Art Museum of the whole staff standing and then Dr. Smith on the ground with his hand on his head. Will probably be quite a picture to remember and to who they signed up with.

This week nothing to interesting. We did hire a new cute nanny. I hope it works out. She is a very cute girl who is in college at MSUB. She is majoring in elementary education. She is very active and has a lot of personality. Her and Bowen seem to get a long so far and have fun. I hope it is a good match.

We will keep the tradition going of the Smith family gingerbread house as we attempt our own this year.

We love you all and will see you in a couple of weeks.

Love,
Cameryn

No comments:

Post a Comment