Monday, April 13, 2015

The Home Run Stretch

24 days. I woke up to get some cereal and Chris bright eyes says 24 days! 24 days until school is over! A little under a month and I will be all done! Well, until I study for NCLEX. But who am I kidding, I am done with Nursing School! It's a good time too because the weather is just starting to get super nice. I am tempted to go outside and run and go to the park ,which I usually succumb to anyways. Wow an advertising nurse. ..Who can say that in their life? I bet not too many!

Chris and I went running on Saturday I always push him to go more than he wants. I am training for a half marathon right now that at least some what gets me motivated to run when I am in school, and we ended up going 6 instead of the 3miles that he wanted. We had a backyard BBQ with Chris's residents' for his Optho program. That is one thing we are super excited about to move, is the backyard BBQ and deck action we will get in the summer and our little Mags can run out in the backyard. Later that day we babysat for some friends in the ward the Brixius and their adorable cute baby that we love. He was a little hesitant when mom and dad left but after that horrible Star Wars  book, it put him to sleep. I ended up doing Med-Math the WHOLE night. I think I am comfortable with it now and if there was an apocalypse I would be able to calculate your IV drops per minute and heparin units that you need IF there is anything left...

Soccer is the thing that keeps me going. We had scrimmages for FHE with our team and our first game is today! Whoo! Wish us luck! No girl subs...
My preceptorship on the transplant floor has been pretty cool I have been able to see SO SO SO much and learn sooooo much! Kidneys, pancreas, abdominal, liver tx. I can't believe how much I have learned this year it hurts my brain thinking about it. I really think I have a couple of ulcers due to it.
Another week goes on in the St. Louis Smith Family!
Love,

Cameryn

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting!!!!!! Good luck!!! We are really proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck, cami! i'm in an accelerated nursing program that ends in december, so needless to say, i am really jealous you're almost done! nursing school is no joke!

    ReplyDelete