Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Off to Denver!


After 3 tests this week in Microbiology and Human Anatomy, I decided to take a whirlwind of a trip to Denver to celebrate! Brooke, Rhys, and I were talking over Halloween Trunk or Treat when I overheard them talking about a Roadtrip to Denver. They went out to visit Brooke's Dad, Grandma, and step-sisters. I decided to ride along with them in the back of the truck with their dog. That was a smelly trip. I don't know what the dog ate but it must have let out about 10 of something…

It was a good weekend to be gone especially since Chris was on call for most of the weekend and Halloween. I got to go trick or treating with Grayson and Alison and Travis and help them hand out candy. I was a skeleton for Halloween this year in honor of Human Anatomy. I just took my bone test so I would like to think I know most of the bones… We went to Travis's parents that night and had some homemade chili. Tabby and her boyfriend Mike were visiting from Utah so I got to meet them as well, I have met Tabby before a couple of times when I was in Utah. Cindy, Travis's mom, had her favorite chocolates from around the world on the table. I can't resist chocolate! And she mentioned she got them at Costco… I can't resist Costco either ;)

The next day we went on a hike up to the Compass. The compass shows all the major points and mountains with the highest elevations in Colorado. Alison was pointing to where she used to work in the big cylindrical building. While everyone turned back Alison and I trudged up the dirt hill with her stroller that must have weighed 70 pds. That Grayson is a big boy ;). He is so cute and very smiley! He did not like his car seat though. Everytime he got put down in it he cried. I tried my best to calm him down but no luck. I loved being with the Comb's cute little family :)

We also had some fun adventures at the Red Rock Amphitheater and got to see some Cross Fit while we were at it! They were doing some competition there at the top. The amphitheater is unique because it is naturally dome shaped with the red rock. Many famous musicians and artists go there to perform. I was a little jealous when I heard that they went to Jason Mraz play last year. I guess I will just have to plan another visit but this time hopefully with Chris.

They definitely sold me on Denver with all the fun running trails! I loved being outside in nature! That is one thing I do miss about the West is the mountains. We also made a quick stop to Costco, the famous Park Meadows Mall Karen talked so highly of and where we got to nostalgia of playing with American Girl dolls. $20 for a haircut say what?? They even had their own American Girls Doll salon where two braids were $20. That is one expensive doll. But…so worth it. I loved those dolls. We ended the night with some Cafe Rio, which I miss terribly as well. That first bite was like a piece of heaven. I felt right back at home in Utah. 

A great weekend and enjoyed some fun with friends and family! 


Alison and I at the trail sight to the Compass




Chris and I made our "Scary" gingerbread house before I left. We had to make it before Halloween!!!





























Found Chris's hat he lost on the plane last year… I have been looking for it forever. Finally one of the Oakley stores had it! I couldn't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment