Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


2 years ago I was engaged never thought that I would have been engaged on Valentines Day, cliche? Maybe, but Chris completely surprised me when he flew in to Utah from Texas. I honestly did not recognize him.."How can you be here, you're supposed to be there?" Then it all came together. It is a hard Valentines to beat but every valentines will remind me of that special day where I got dozens and dozens of roses...and an ENGAGEMENT RING! 
This Valentines we woke up and went on a nice hike up in the hills of Austin. Yes, there are hills here! We looked at all the gorgeous 5 mill homes and day dreamed. I made Chris a sign that incorporated candy into the valentines message. He must have been thinking the same thing because he made me one too. Instead he substituted the candy for fruit and made me a healthy Valentine's poster. He knows me all to well...

                                                                            Mine to Him

                                                                      His to Me

I had to leave for work but he once again surprised me when I got back. He got all dressed up and made appetizers from Martha Stewart- bread and spinach dip (he likes to add that). Then made our favorite meal Cornucopia Salad followed by pina colada drinks. I felt very much loved:)

He even took the time to cut out hearts:)

Mr. Waiter? 

                                                   
                                                                     Yes I had to get a kissing photo



I have such a cute husband :)


We made easy chocolate strawberries during the week. Probably about 100 since strawberries were buy 4 containers for five dollars. Only in Texas I tell you. 


                       These strawberries were seriously to die for, way better than spending $10 on one strawberry.



Chris doesn't think he is very good at basketball but he is. His team struggles because they can't expect the expected. The ball is passed and oh what do you know they are running down the court to do a lay up? It's fun to watch but not always fun to lose. I was their cheer section the only of the wives to show up and support her man. Just gotta include that. 




 Going all the way



I started a book club since I have been back in Austin. We read The Guernsey and Potato Peel Pie Society. It was a fast read and a cute charmer. If you want a feel good book read this one. We had brunch and got to catch up with everyone. Gotta say, I do like throwing parties-- I got it from my Mom. 

Me, Cara, Keeley, Alyssa, Brooke, Mary, Elin, Emily, and Leilani. 

All in all it is a good week. Not much luck with the knee injury unfortunately. I'm going to try and stay off it for a whole week. Ah, it's killing me!

Cameryn


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I loved it! Super cute :) That poster rocks, I loled at the "You've got a nice ass" part.

    ReplyDelete