Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fat Tuesday


So as Chris and I were sitting in bed deciding what we want to give up for Lent we both agreed Netflix/TV, then he said that means you have to give up the Bachelor...Not the Bachelor! But I convinced myself, that it is a social event and you can't ask me not to be social. So giving up TV but not giving up the Bachelor :). Also Media has got to go. Now since I am here in Texas and many of my family and friends are in different places I am not giving up Facebook (think social again), but I am going to give up Pinterest for a month :(
So Bachelor this week just gotta say it. I feel like there is something missing, I have a scratch that I can't itch, I'm just stumped! I just can't put my finger on it, oh poor Sarah from the Bachelor was dumped this week. That didn't stop Chris and I from laughing to tears about all the jokes that you could make. But really she is too self conscious of her arm, if she joked around a bit about it she would have been married by now.
This week went by pretty fast, I worked almost every day at the Gap. I really do love my job it is truly a women's paradise. I call Gap the "Mother's Extreme Couponing for Clothes" or aka MECC. Seriously you should see some of the people come in with their Gap Cards, and Rewards Cash, and Direct Mail Coupons...it almost reminds me of Walmart couponing where you stand in line for an hour. Chris and I both worked a night shift! I worked until 8-12:30 doing inventory, basically counting and ticketing. Chris came home with some fun stories from the ER having to sew up lips and treat a huge hernia on a women's stomach. He took a picture of her rotten leg too, probably the grossest thing I have ever seen in my life, I was surprised her leg was still attached.
I went with my friend Lelani this week to Half Price Books and got some great books for $1! Seriously, best store there is. I came home with 6 books in my arms (2 of which Lelani let me borrow). I think I was a little over zealous. 
Nothing better than a super bowl party and a big bowl of salsa. I made my neighbor from back home's home made salsa. It is seriously to die for. Chris and I okay fine-- mostly me, ate the whole thing while sharing it with some other couples. We invited Kate and Nate Kartchner and their cute dog. Seriously one of the best dog's I have ever seen, so well trained, fun, and a good size. It was Chris's idea for them to bring the dog! HA! Sorry Smith's I think I am converting him to love dogs...I think.
This next week is Valentines Day! It will be two years from which Chris proposed to me and our Happily Ever After became real :) Love the occasion

Cameryn Smith

3 comments:

  1. One arm break up was the worst- why did he dump her and then make her go back and and talk with all the girls. He should have just waited till the rose ceremony. Good call on refusing to give up Bachelor - very smart girl. (Glad I don't believe in Lent :) - I would be doomed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like he should have just waited until the rose ceremony too! He totally made that awkward. Poor girl! I agree, if she could learn to laugh a little, she might be a little more interesting.

    I'm kind of doing "lent" of Media too for personal progress. I gave us Days of our Lives (haha, I know, totally lame right?) It's amazing how easy it is to get addicted to lame. It's also amazing how much more time I have in my life from giving up a few dumb shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how could I give up the Bachelor right? Who do you all want to win? I'm still not sure, I surprisingly have liked Catherine more and more. But we'll see!

    ReplyDelete