Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pantene Beautiful Lengths Hair Donation


"So I'm thinking about cutting my hair..." I say to another employee Hannah as we were folding yet another pair of denim jeans to look nice and neat on the wall. "You should donate to Locks of Love or another charity." This hadn't crossed my mind. I had been working on my hair so long to get it long but I had almost put in TOO much effort that I was sick of it! That day I researched tons of hair donation companies and came upon Beautiful Lengths by Pantene. You need at least 8-10 inches of hair and you can donate to the company where they use 8 pony tails to make a wig. They dye the hair in a color and style it, there is no way to track your pony tail unfortunately just to know it is in good hands. You receive a letter of gratitude in the mail and that is enough for me. I guess I can now say I have donated my hair! It honestly feels so good and there is a huge weight off my shoulders (literally). Whoever has the ability to grow their hair out should try this once in their life- it is weird how emotionally connected you get with your hair- you really do spend a lot of time on it. The fact that I was able to help someone feels so good. I cut it on the whim, telling Chris don't tell my Mom! When she called during the appointment, I let it ring....Then told her I cut off 9 inches of my hair!







I am now a personal trainer. That is right people, the free time I have had in Texas (waiting until we move to St. Louis) I have completed this course online through AFPA. I had to read a couple of books on personal training, take a final, quizzes, do a simulation type thing where you plan their specific training regimens for different types of people, watch videos, and write essays. I love learning about fitness so this was all fun to me. I am also taking a nutrition course right now so they can go hand in hand. I already look up new fitness and nutrition ideas online, I thought hey why not? 



Unfortunately work hasn't given me a whole lot of hours this week. I guess February is a slow month for sales associates. I have had a lot of free time, so I cleaned the apartment, practiced piano, studied personal training. I have had a lot of things to do but also nothing to do. I have to remember this is not permanent! I don't like waiting around and not doing a whole lot but it really does teach me to be patient. Only a couple more  months...

We took one of the days to go to the temple this week. It was Chris's day off and I thought we should go. He wanted to sleep in--that poor boy has been working 6 days a week all day- but I thought I would get him up at 6am because there were only early sessions. I am very happy we did this, it's not easy to make the trek to San Antonio every month. Later that day, we went to Barnes and Noble to do some research on our Europe trip! It gets me so excited every time I read or learn something new. If anyone has any good book recommendations- I would love to know!

On the flip side Chris and I played soccer this weekend for the first time in 5 months. It's been much too long. I scored but to only find out I was off sides :( My knee has been feeling a lot better! I am doing my own physical therapy for it and icing it everyday. You can't defer out of Boston and there is no wait list because it is so competitive to get into. So I won't be able to do it next year. I hope I will be able to still do it in April. That's coming up fast! Things are looking brighter, and I am going to ease my way into it. 

Well stay tuned for next week! End of February is coming up!

Cameryn

2 comments:

  1. I think that is so awesome that you donated your hair. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to chop that much off my hair. I've never ever had short hair in my life. PS, your hair cut is really cute!!!

    Waiting is hard, and it probably feels like a long time right now, but it will go by faster than you think.

    I'm glad your knee is feeling better. Be careful though and only do the race if you are really ready. Permanent injuries = not so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ash... Your hair is super cute short! Sorry to hear about your knee...I hope it can feel better by April :) also I love that you work at gap... Probably my favorite store. Let me know if you hear of any good sales for the couple of months you will be there :). Most importantly know that Europe is amazing... I am jeal you guys get to go! Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete