Sunday, May 7, 2017

A rainy week.




It has been a rainy week here in St. Louis. Of course, this is the time when I have a break from school so instead of going out to enjoy the weather we have had to find lots of fun things to do inside. Last week we went to the YMCA and went swimming with dad! Although it was a lot of work to bring him to the pool it was pretty fun seeing his face in the pool as Chris was lightly touching his belly in the water and lifting him up. I even got to go on the big kid red slide.
Costco to is an event when you take a baby. It is one of the only carts of all grocery stores to somewhat fit a car seat and groceries. Otherwise I have to wear Bowen and my lower back is killing me!
We had a couple of play dates this week with Jude and some church friends. We also met a girl from my parenting class Veronika and Damacia. They have been our buddies for mom and yoga class and this week we went to the mall. It's so funny two mom's and their babies going to the mall on a rainy cold day. Never thought I would do it but hey it is social interaction. Bowen is very social and likes to see other babies. I guess his mom likes to be social too.

Instead of celebrating cinco de mayo we celebrated cinco de quatro to avoid the crowds. We went to our favorite mexican restaurant Chimichangas. I am going to miss this place when we leave STL. I think we go here at least once every two weeks.

Chris and I went on our first date night this week. We went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and left Bowen with one of our Young Women in the ward AJ Tizai. 30 mins into the movie, do you have a suggestion on how to calm him down ;) I didn't see this text right away, so I responded about 30 mins late. Is he asleep? I guess she said Baby Einsteins calmed him down. Don't really want my baby watching TV that young but I guess that is what you pay for! Although we payed good  money $10 an hour plus a homemade meal!

We also had the missionaries over this week. I didn't know one was lactose intolerant. Chris thought that lasagna in the crock pot sounded good so I went and got all the ingredients. I felt so bad! He said he loves PB & J s so we loaded him up with a good sandwich. It makes me miss my brother on his mission, we get to see him on mother's day though!

We also had John and Hang Tran over for dinner. We had some good grilled chicken and potatoes and played NES classic games. Chris is handing over the chief card to Hang. Only one more month until we move to Utah! Wow it is going to go by so fast!!



Just hanging at the YMCA!


Bowen and I at the Botanicals


Met my colleague at lunch


Flora and Bowen


No comments:

Post a Comment