Monday, April 17, 2017

Nashville Road Trip

Putting all my baby equipment after music class I was proud to say that I did not leave Bowen. I did in fact leave my phone on the top of the car. After driving for 5 mins I remembered this small detail. Hurriedly at the red light I frantically search for my phone. I pull over at the next available spot and thank goodness my phone is still up there.

Today, I was thinking man, Bowen hasn't pooped in a long time it was 4pm and his last dirty diaper I changed was at 7am that morning. The moment I had this realization my hands were cupped and I had a melted ice cream sundae in my hands.

Bowen has his sun downing time at 7pm. Today we had friends over and sure do you know it's 7pm. That shrill of a cry will pierce your ears. Wrap him tight in a "milk burrito" and you have Bowen.

Nashville is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Saint Louis since we had to leave after Chris's work Bowen had his fussy time. What do you know it, 7pm rolls by and Bowen is crying. After a solid 40 mins of crying and music turned up we don't hear Bowen anymore. Good news, Bowen is still alive.

Nashville was awesome, ya it wasn't the same as it would have with Chris and I but it was so fun watching Bowen listen to the music and watch all that was going on. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame- we got to see Elvis's car and T Swifts Love Story dress, we went to the Parthenon park, we had some tasty BBQ and Texas Style Mexican Food. We went downtown and jogged around TN. We even attempted to go swimming in the pool at our hotel. Pool was a little cold for Bowen but we still got in our swimsuits :) No cowboy hat but we did manage to get another addition to our tradition of collecting one ornament a year, this year it is an Elvis ornament.

These last couple of weeks we went to the Botanicals, we went to music class, Gymboree, we went to the zoo, and swimming. This boy likes to get out, and let me tell you yes he loves to shop, good boy, someone I can shop with, not like my husband.

Countdown is on! Less than two months until we go back to good ol' Alpine Utah the most diverse place in the nation to the blind.










No comments:

Post a Comment