Sunday, July 17, 2016

The King Comes to Play

Jimmy King and I had this little scheme that he would come and visit for Chris's birthday. We planned it a couple months ago and started devising a plan of how Jimmy will scare Chris. Well, Jimmy didn't get in until late Thursday night at 1:30 in the morning. So the surprise wasn't very successful but we managed to keep it on the DL. Chris had to work the next morning so of course we didn't go to bed until 3am. We slept in while Chris had to get up at 7 wah wah... 

Jimmy and I had a good day exploring St. Louis. We searched for some birthday presents and were on the hunt for chocolate mouse pie... where do you get chocolate mouse pie? Chris was very specific on his dessert of choice for his birthday. Chocolate mouse pie. After going to a few places we found a local grocery store that made pie locally. We found it!

I told Jimmy the story of how Obama loves Pi Pizza and how he flew the chef to Washington DC to make the pizza for some conference or dinner thing. So of course he was interested and had to try this Obama approved pizza. It lived up to its name and we all were in pizza heaven. Although our pizza came in a thin crust when we asked for deep corn meal crust, I didn't have a problem asking but the boys just covered their heads with their hands. Hey it's what I ordered! I don't do that ever but I really do enjoy my deep dish corn meal crust...

We went to the Marlins vs. Cardinals game and stayed for the whole 9 innings. I splurged on some tickets and we were having fun watching and watching pokemon go... 

Day 2 of Jimmy adventures we went hiking in Castlewood Park. Our friends the Pildger's were on a trip so they dropped Maggie's best friend off Stella to play for the weekend. We took them both and they were having the time of their lives. We went swimming in the little lake area and the dogs would follow. Watching Chris and Jimmy reminds me back to my days of middle school, loud, jokes, pranks, talking about girls, language, man those two.. if I didn't know them.... haha. I sure did have a good time and it was an entertaining weekend. 

After our hike we went to Pappy's BBQ. We got the ribs which of course are to die for. We had to show off our city with all our amazing food. Pappy himself talked to us 3 times. I think he liked Jimmy. We went downtown where we had passes to the top of the arch. I had never been so this was a whole new experience to me. We crammed in these 4 foot elevators where you sit down and touch knees with strangers. You can even look out the window and see how far you are from the ground as you go up 600 feet. I learned that the arch goes up to 630 feet and width is 630 feet. Kinda cool. Later Chris got to eat his chocolate mouse cake and open presents. Stella and Maggie joined in on the singing. 

We also took Jim Ed. to our favorite brunch place Rooster and Chris introduced him the Slinger. So good... Love that place. We hung around and went to Costco later to get groceries for the week. I got home and saw my mirror skewed a little. Oh no...don't tell me...the rack that was hanging my winter clothes completely ripped off the dry wall. Great well good thing Jimmy is a handy man and helped fix it... 


Have a great week, we will too.

Cameryn







maggie and stella 

That's a good view




Maggie and Stella just chillin'

free peanuts...


pokemon go


TUMS!




No comments:

Post a Comment