Sunday, January 10, 2016

Star Wars 3D

While getting into the swing of things after Peru I had three nights in a row and then transitioned to days. That is tough! I don't know how people do it. I think I have realized my body likes me better when I am working days even though it is ALL day. I decided I would still work day night rotate instead of just straight nights. Chris and I had a pretty relaxed week, and that doesn't happen too often. I had some days off of work and Chris has been getting home a little earlier, which never happens! One morning he had it off and we were able to go to the gym and go get brunch at Rooster. We also made plans to go to the movies one night. We had bought the tickets and when we showed up to the movie theater we found out that our movie didn't start until 10:40. It was 8:30 when we got there. Chris opted out to watch Star Wars for the second time and me for the first time. It worked out since the movie started at 9. Only con was that it was in 3D. Definitely don't see the excitement of 3D. It just makes me dizzy.

I was able to catch up with a nursing school friend and go to lunch with her. It's so fun to see people from nursing school and what they want to do and where they are going.

School hasn't started yet but will start this week! I am taking pharmacology and statistics so we will see what is harder.. It has been nice to have a little break from school but now I am kind of itching to get back. This girl has a hard time sitting still.

Chris and I signed up for an Olympic Triathlon. It is over 6 miles of running, 24 miles of biking, and 1 mile swim. I think I can do all of it except for the swim part. I am really nervous honestly to do the swimming. I have never done that much swimming so it will take some time to practice.

 With the new years primary has taken on some goals of itself. I think it is nice to have a new year to reflect on what we can do better and what we can change. We had a couple of primary meetings and a teacher meeting this week. Our new theme for 2016 is, "The Scriptures Are True". There is a women in our ward who bought fabric and made all the primary kids little totes to bring their scriptures in. They are the cutest thing. People are so generous. I was even able to get my visiting teaching done this month. I love visiting teaching and always have. It's nice to be able to get outside primary once in a while.

This week I work on Thursday and this weekend. I don't love working the weekends since that is the time that Chris gets off and doesn't make it very fun for him. But I also get this week to hang out and catch up on some school work.

Love,
Cameryn

No comments:

Post a Comment