Sunday, March 1, 2015

Finals Week!!

What is getting me through this cold St. Louis weather is our trip to Florida this next weekend! I am so excited to be in the sun! But to get to Florida I have to finish all my finals! I have a Peds test monday, maternity tuesday, and friday is HESI (cumulative of OB & Peds more NCLEX style). It is going to be a BIG week for grades. 60% this week is our grade. What if I was sick and throwing up and not able to get out of bed. Would I still have to come? I would rather just get it over with then study one more day for these tests!
This week was pretty low key since we are just getting ready for finals but I did have the opportunity to shadow in the ED! I shadowed a nurse and a paramedic. He let me do all his IVs which was about 15! It was awesome practice. He said he does about 50 a day, so I didn't worry when I spilled all this lady' s blood on the floor because I didn't push hard enough on the artery to stop the bleeding. Maybe I should have worried she was 97... it came out so fast though! I got to put in a couple of follys and watch a couple of codes...it's a little crazy in that ER.

Snow snow snow everywhere. It has been snowing so much in St. Louis! We had a couple of snow days last week and this week we had a church snow day. No church due to snow?? That has never happened in my life. But I guess it makes sense, why risk their eternal salvation for making them travel in bad weather?

Chris and I had a busy week this week, didn't get to see much of each other. But we can't wait to go to Florida and the beach and Universal Studios and swimming with the manatees! It is going to be so much fun!
Now just cross my fingers I do well on these tests next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment