Sunday, November 11, 2012

Some Austin Time


Okay is it me or does everyone feel the need to talk about politics like the world is going to end. That is what everyone talks about at work. I am pretty much the only "conservative" of the whole group and they all make jokes of me being Mormon. Not bad jokes, they just know I am naive, which I really don't mind, because I know I am! I am like their little sister that they tease. They all call me CamCam. Since the election was this week the guys had a lot of questions about church and of course Romney being Mormon. I tell them as much as I can but honestly, I haven't been a missionary and this is a complete and new experience to me. The other day I was challenged with the topic of the Word of Wisdom. They all were so surprised I don't drink coffee or drink in general. We got on the subject of drinking and drugs and pretty much they are all in favor of it. They said well, Christ drank wine so how can that be bad? Oh the questions, and I do not know all the answers. I do know my testimony is strong and no matter what I will not argue I will just tell them what I believe. 

We made some tasty caramel not the apples for FHE. I told Chris to get red apples because supposedly they taste better with caramel. I ended up choosing these gross ones that were red, but I think they are supposed to be used for baking. Oh well, the caramel is delicious and I eat it with ice-cream instead ;). 



Chris and I went on a picnic earlier this week. It was a beautiful day in Austin, probably one of the prettiest days I have seen here so far here. I was at the library gathering a bunch of books for our Europe research. He had lunch all ready when I got home and we headed to a nearby park I hadn't been to. We did some crosswords and threw nerds in the water for the fish. More like targeting the fish with nerds...it was a fun day date.


Feeding the fish nerds


At the park in Austin




We also had the missionaries over this week. Oh those poor missionaries and their skin. I can't talk because I still break out like a teenage girl. I felt their pain. All the missionaries in our ward are awesome and we are glad to have them over for dinner. We always get called up for lessons or to pick up an investigator. I don't mind but I just don't want to miss sacrament every single sunday! 

On our date last night we went to Chupacabra some mexican restaurant downtown. I am not sure if that  is a bad word in Spanish but if it is don't look it up. Chris and I split fajitas and we played games with these huge Connect Four and Jenga pieces. We then walked around sixth street and saw a music group playing on the roof of the Blind Pig (some bar). There were a lot of drunk people, lots of ambulances, and some arrests. What happens on sixth street...stays on sixth street? We discovered the groups name was Ben Cine. Check him out he will blow your mind, and sing you some Justin Timberlake like you have never heard!





Sincerely,

Cameryn

No comments:

Post a Comment